27 dezembro 2017

mary oliver

Entering the Kingdom

The crows see me.
They strech their glossy necks
In the tallest branches
Of green trees. I am
possibly dangerous, I am
Entering the kingdom.

The dream of my life
Is to lie down by a slow river
And stare at the light in the trees–
To learn something by being nothing
A little while but the rich
Lens of attention.

But the crows puff their feathers and cry
Between me and the sun,
And I should go now.
They know me for what I am.
No dreamer,
No eater of leaves.

Entrando no reino

Vêem-me os corvos
Esticam o pescoço lustroso
Nos ramos mais altos. Estou
potencialmente perigosa. Estou
entrando no reino.

O sonho da minha vida
é deitar-me ao pé de um rio pacífico
e contemplar a luz nas árvores -
Para aprender alguma coisa sobre não ser nada
apenas um fractal mas saboroso
alvo de mira.

Mas os corvos tornam côncavas as penas e gritam
entre o sol e eu.
Devia ir-me embora agora.
Conhecem-me pelo que sou.
Não sonhadora,
não comedora de folhas